I've found some good notes and wanted to share with you. If your a teen, trying to quit weed and need to do this on the lo lo. Read on.
This article is not about whether or not you should use marijuana - that’s a different topic entirely. This article is simply about learning effective ways to quit and stay clean. This article is for you if:
If you’ve decided you want to stop smoking weed, it’s entirely reasonable to try quitting on your own first. If you need a guide, try the quit weed guide today. It helped me and will help you.
If you’re smart and motivated you have an excellent chance for success, no matter how addicted you find yourself; and you can improve your odds further with a little preparation, such as by:
10 Situations/Mindsets That Lead to RelapseIt’s best to know what you’re up against. Here’s a list of 10 mindsets/situations that are very commonly associated with relapse. Read the list and:
1. Daydreams about the Good TimesYou probably had a lot of fun while high on marijuana. After you quit you might feel a sense of loss or grief about the future ‘fun’ that you’ll miss…and never again can feel like a very long time!
When you catch yourself fantasizing about the good times, remember to balance the equation with thoughts of your reasons for quitting.
2. Wanting to RelaxYou can learn to relax without taking drugs – but there’s no denying that drugs offer an easier path to instant relaxation. So how will you take the edge off when you can’t turn to marijuana for relaxation?
Learning to relax without chemical assistance takes more effort, but once you learn self-soothing skills you get all the benefits without any of the negative consequences.
4. Thinking That People Are Tired of Sober-YouDo you ever feel like people liked the old easy-going high you better than the new uptight not-high you?
Remember that withdrawal symptoms like irritability can last for a while, and it might take you a few weeks or longer to start feeling like your old self again.
5. Dealing with Stress or Crisis SituationsIf you usually squash uncomfortable stress with a joint how will you handle negative emotions without marijuana?
6. Deciding to Test YourselfAfter a while, it’s easy to grow overconfident:
7. Feeling Like You Need a BreakSometimes you feel like you need to get away - to take a little mini-vacation from all your problems.
Getting high provided instant escape. What will now substitute?
8. Feeling Like You’re a Better Person HighIf marijuana gives you confidence or helps you forget low self-esteem you may feel tempted to use again whenever you feel especially in-confident or down on yourself.
9. Screw It!When you reach the end of your rope and you’re frazzled and tired and nothing’s going right…it’s so easy to slip into a moment of weakness, think screw it, and accept that joint that’s going around.
(Read the strategies below for tips on how to fight this impulse to give-up.)
10. Losing the FaithYou can’t quit unless you believe you can quit – otherwise, when things get hard you’ll give up before you even get started.
Strategies for SuccessThere are 2 parts to a successful quitting attempt:
Good luck! Next post will be about 5 strategies to quit.
Just an update, but its almost one year now. Since I started using the quit weed guide and other resources I've found. I've not even thought about weed, since the new year began.
I learned how to Kite Surf, traveled through Asia and Latin America and recently just set up a unique business using only facebook and instagram. Lots of good news this year, but last year was the year I stopped smoking weed.
You can to. Just have a look at my resources guide and feel free to ping me any questions.
If you want to have a look at what I'm doing now, check out my facebook post and products I'm offering, pretty unique cross body bags that are hand made in south america.
Aside from the Guide, here are some additional steps to help you stop.
Emergency Stop "Jonesing" Methods:
The precise combination of methods and behaviors that will help you quit weed are your own. Everyone is different. Just as certain things will worked for me, you may not respond to the same techniques and need to adapt them to suit. Keep your "marijuana brain" active by thinking of ways to satisfy your urges with other rewards, keep busy, and avoid bad situations. In a few months your life will have taken a new direction, you will have money in your pocket, and you won’t look back.